Frequently Asked Questions

We are always happy to answer any questions you might have. If your query is not listed below, please contact us on (08) 8948 1995.

I am responding to a position advertised online. What do I need to do?

If we have recently advertised a position and applying for one of those positions, please check that you follow the link on the advertisement. This is usually how you upload your most recent, comprehensive resume to us. Alternatively, upload it here.

Things to remember to include in your resume are as follows:

1. Have you explained, in detail, your duties for all relevant work listed in your resume?

2. Do you have current experience for the job you are applying for? If your last, relevant employment is more than twelve months ago, prepare to be questioned by any potential employer. If possible, always attach a cover letter that outlines and explains how you occupied your time, if you were not employed. Alternatively, some employers appreciate that you may have been involved in a different type of work, showing you have other skill-set for consideration.

3. Do you have complete contact details for yourself as well as your work references? Note that employers are usually interested to speak to your work references. Character references can only reflect on your character as a person of integrity, honesty and so forth but work references can reflect on your work as well as your character at work. 

4. Have you completed a spell-check and grammar check on your resume?

After you upload your resume, we will filter all applications received. We can only respond to those who may be shortlisted for interviews

I submitted a resume but I have not been shortlisted for an interview. How do I know i I can still apply for an Australian Visa?

We usually advertise positions where an employer can sponsor for work purposes. If there are no current job offers for you, you agree for us to contact you in the future for any job openings that may require your skills or expertise.

If you do not wish to wait for employers to come, you can actively pursue your residency pathway by contacting us and signing up for a “Migration Plan Design”. This is a step-by-step approach where we assess your qualifications against the many different types of visas for migration to Australia. We can identify the specific visas you may be eligible for and show you, step-by-step, how to become eligible, if you aren’t yet. We will send you a questionnaire, conduct an interview via Skype and provide feedback. If you want to know how to change your future, then the Migration Plan Design* is for you. Contact us now.

*fees and charges apply.

Do I require an employer to be eligible for a Visa in Australia?

Over the years, Immigration trends have changed significantly. It now suggests that finding a suitable employer, who are approved sponsors (or have approved nominations or both) make the pathway more straightforward to obtain temporary and/or permanent visas for Australia.

For example, the employer-sponsored pathways (e.g., subclass 482, 187 or 186) make it imperative that visa applicants initially couple themselves with the appropriate sponsors (amongst other criteria) before they become eligible in applying for a visa.

Some of the benefits of employer-sponsored pathways:

  1. You may be exempted from a skills assessment. If you do not belong to this list, you will not be required to pass a skills assessment (approximately AU$1800);
  2. English proficiency exemptions available or IELTS minimum score of 4.5 in each bandscore and an average of at least 5.0 to qualify for a subclass 482 (other criteria applies for other visas). Note the Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA) applicable only in the Northern Territory has concessions in English. If you do not have an employer to sponsor you, you might wish to consider the Points Test System and SkillSelect for either State/Territory Sponsorships or Skilled Independent. 

Note that these pathways require:

  • higher IELTS score (than employer-sponsored pathways not requiring registration or licensing);
  • full registration and licensing where required;
  • positive skills assessment for permanent migration;
  • by invitation only; you make an Expression of Interest (EOI) and you wait until you are invited to apply for a visa.

Call us on (08) 8948 1995 or email us to arrange an assessment.

I would like to apply for a Visa and I do not have an employer. How do I become eligible for a skilled Visa in Australia?

Check if you qualify for SkillSelect:

With the processing priority, we suggest you cross-check the latest Skills Occupations List (and different) State/Territory Occupation shortage lists to see if your occupation is listed there. Secondly, if it appears on either list, check the points test system to approximate the number of points you are likely to obtain before you begin your skills assessment and sitting for your English test. Note that a Skills assessment is a fundamental requirement for the SkillSelect. The relevant assessing body is listed on the Skills Occupations List.

We can assist with designing a migration plan for you, with a step by step approach. Please contact us for a “migration plan design“. 

Call us on (08) 8948 1995 or email us to arrange an assessment.

I am eligible for State/Territory sponsorship but need help with obtaining an offer from a specific State or Territory. How can I strengthen my changes of being invited, where can I get help?

Specific states or territories will not invite candidates to apply unless they can be satisfied of the genuineness of the applicants’ intention to migrate to Australia, specifically in their area of designation.  We can assist you with strengthening your application with our local knowledge of the area.  Call us on (08) 8948 1995 or email us to arrange an assessment.

I am an employer. How do I become eligible to sponsor overseas skilled workers for a Visa in Australia?

Employers, on the other hand, must either be approved as sponsors or have approved nominations in place.

For temporary sponsorships, we can assist with setting you up as Standard Business Sponsors (e.g., subclass 482). Companies can be approved to sponsor for five years .

Secondly, employers can nominate a genuine vacant position (according to the relevant instrument) or with minimum ANZCO Skills Level 3 and 4 for the 186 and 187) for an overseas skilled worker to fill.

Thirdly, the visa applicant applies for the visa.  We suggest that an assessment is made for all three processes to ensure that the employer and the visa applicant(s) meet the legislative criteria for the grant of the applications prior to any applications being lodged and submitted.

Call us on (08) 8948 1995 or email us to arrange an assessment.

All about self-sponsorship: Can I sponsor myself?

In the olden days (meaning, prior to the 21st November 2015), it was possible to create a lawfully and legally operating company and having that company sponsor its own director under the subclass 457 scheme.  As at the most recent changes introduced in November 2015, the Procedures Advice Manual of the Migration Regulations now declares under Genuine Position:

The intent of the 457 program is to enable Australian businesses to temporarily fill short term skill shortages with overseas workers when they cannot find a suitably qualified or experienced Australian citizen or permanent resident to fill the position. The program is not intended to be used for non-citizens to establish a business in Australia and self-sponsor themselves; there are other visa pathways available for such purposes.

Don’t know if you meet the requirements?  Call us on (08) 8948 1995 to speak to a Registered Migration Agent who can help you.

I am applying to study in Australia. How much funds do I need to have genuine access to?

The student visa system has been recently revamped.  The amount of money you need to have access to is covered by Legislative Instrument F2017L00267 EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL CAPACITY.

I currently hold my first Working Holiday Visa, how can I be eligible to apply for my second Working Holiday Visa?

Not everyone can renew their second Working Holiday visa.  They must meet the minimum eligibility requirements that include age, health, and character amongst others. You will also need to earn your number of days of work in a specified regional area, refer to the relevant 417 legislative instrument, or the 462 legislative instrument, as well as doing seasonal work.  There is also a procedure to properly calculate your 3 months of work at a minimum of 35 hours per week.  Do not second-guess!  Ensure you have evidence of your work (such as pay slips and the appropriate form completed for your Second Working Holiday visa).

Check if you know the 417 or the 462 guidelines for completing your work to qualify for a second Working Holiday visa.  Are you allowed to apply for this onshore or only offshore Australia?

Still unsure?  Further questions? Call us on (08) 8948 1995 or email us to arrange a culturally-sensitive and confidential consultation.  Sounds like a great way to access expert help to me!

Need a Consultation?

If you would like to process your visa application , the best way to start is to have a consultation with

one of our experienced registered migration agents.

Need a Consultation?

If you would like to process your visa application , the best way to start is to have a consultation with

one of our experienced registered migration agents.